The Twilight Brigade Initiatory Group
The initiatory group is a rather unusual one in that it not only
allows shamans, mages, and physical adepts to work together, but it
also permits those who are not magically active to join the group.
Mundanes can join the group for a cost of 1 karma instead of 3;
it takes 6 mundanes committing to the group to get one additional
die toward getting an Astral Contact during the search. Since
they are not magically active in the first place, the mundanes
cannot actually initiate; however, they can join the group on
Astral Quests (as long as they are physically present with
a magically active member of the group), and any oaths they
make in committing to the group bind them as surely as if they
were magical. A broken oath will be evident in the aura of the
This costs an extra +2 target number on your astral contact above
that for having mages and shamans in the same group and has almost
no effect on game play other than for roleplaying purposes. It
permits characters in a very paranoid line of work to trust each
other, and it offers the opportunity for everyone to take part in
Astral Quests when the current GM feels like running something in a
The harmony of the living world is of great importance.
True innocents should be protected. Ending a life should never
be taken lightly. Sentient life is of great
importance, and all are deserving of equal consideration.
- Material Link:
Anyone in the group must freely give ritual samples upon joining;
any time they create a thesis, the group must be given a copy.
A member may call upon any other member(s) to place themselves in no more
than equal jeapordy to the caller in coming to the callers aid.
I affirm that my beliefs agree with the stated beliefs of this group.
I will not draw frivolously upon the bonds of fraternity.
I will be a good steward of the groups resources.
I will abide by the groups administrative rules.
A majority of the group must agree on accepting penance for deviations
from the strictures, and to authorize expenditures from the groups
A minimum of two-thirds of the group is requires for censure or
impeachment of a member, or for amending the rules.
New members may only join with unanimous consent of the group.
The group has Hermetic libraries in Magical Theory, Sorcery, Conjuring,
and Enchanting at rating 8, thanks to Talks-With-Cats. They maintain a
High lifestyle for the group, which allows a number of them to live
in Middle lifestyle housing. The High lifestyle is prepaid through
- Dan: 478k¥ (ware) + 60k¥ (ID) + 50k¥ (DocWagon)
- Theora: 365k¥ (ware) + 50k¥ (DocWagon) = 415k¥.
- Rikki: 45k¥ (spell lock) + 52.8k¥ (ID) + 50k¥ (DocWagon) =
- Johnny: 15k¥ (ID) + 64.3k¥ (drones) + 50k¥ (DocWagon) =
- Violet: 60k¥ (ID) + 50k¥ (DocWagon) + 400k¥ (katana) =
- Patricia: 60k¥ (ID) + 50k¥ (DocWagon) = 110k¥.
- Barry: 60k¥ (ID) + 50k¥ (DocWagon) + 400k¥ (katana) =
- Lightfoot: 52.8k¥ (ID) + 50k¥ (DocWagon) = 102.8k¥.
- Cats: 52.8k¥ (ID) + 50k¥ (DocWagon) = 102.8k¥.
- Fieran: 60k¥ (ID) + 50k¥ (DocWagon) = 110k¥
Pharos Safety Consulting, Inc.
Eclipse Holdings, AG
Gnomon Import Export Company
- Logo: A sundial.
- Illegal purposes: Money laundering.
- Ostensible operations: Trading
- Incorporated in: Bahamas, Carib League. (Is Bermuda in the Carib
League? Theyre a good ways from the Caribbean...)
- General methods: Money being laundered from shadowrunning ops goes
in here and over to Eclipse Holdings; only token amounts will be in
Gnomons account (enough to cover small purchases). If we can locate
sources of profit, it should be possible to transport items and
collect tax-free profit; Johnny may end up doing some work with this,
if he wants to arrange some low-volume transport or gets a bigger LTA.
This should also be useful for fencing stolen goods that can be
thoroughly divorced from their origins.
Maine Coon Investments, Inc.
- Logo: a Maine Coon cat carrying a dead bull in its mouth (dead bull
sized down to a small rabbit). Motto: Good kitty.
- Illegal purpose: insider trading.
- Ostensible operations: International investment.
- Incorporated in: Isle of Man.
- General methods: keep a large and diverse portfolio of small holdings
of stocks, thus securing annual reports of possibly interesting companies
and giving ostensible access to shareholder meetings. Attempt to perform
sensible amounts of investment to turn a profit. (We may want to see if
we can track down someone with an MBA whos down on their luck to operate
this; if so, it will be necessary to be able to do so at enough of a profit
to make employing them worthwhile.)
Things to do
- Work out a reasonable tax structure.
Team Karma Pool: 19 dice
Contributors: Violet (twice), Dan (thrice), Lightfoot (twice), Rikki
(twice), Barry (twice), Cats (twice), Theora (twice), Johnny (twice).
3 AK-98s; 1 Panther Assault Cannon; 1 Ares MP LMG; 1 multi-launcher
with 2 anti-personnel missiles, 2 AVMs, and 2 HE missiles; 1 mortar
with 6 AP shells, 6 HE shells, 12 smoke, 12 insecticide, 24 tear gas,
and 24 neuro-stun VIII; BMW Blitzen; Honda Viking.